Winter is officially upon us and what better way to get out & enjoy it than to go ice skating? Wells Fargo Minneapolis Winterskate is the ultimate place to take your family skating this winter! With free family friendly events, complimentary skate rental, a warming house, and more, it’s sure to be a place where you can make some great memories this winter. We have all the info you need to navigate Winterskate here!
- Cost: Skating is completely FREE!
- Hours: Winterskate is open NOW through the entire winter season!
- Location: The ice rink is located in Loring Park (1382 Willow Street, Minneapolis).
- Skate Rental: Complimentary skates are available during warming house hours. These are on a first come, first served basis. Sizes and quantities vary, so bring your own skates if you have them!
Warming House Hours: The warming house is open Monday-Friday: 3pm-9pm, Saturday: 9am-9pm, and Sunday: 10am-6pm. **Minneapolis WinterSkate special hours: December 24: 12 pm – 4 pm; December 25: Rink Closed; December 31-January 1: 12 pm-6 pm. **Minneapolis WinterSkate hours on Minneapolis School Release Days: December 19-January 2, January 16, January 27, January 30, February 17 and February 20: 12 pm-9 pm
Activities & Events
Winterskate has TONS of free activities the whole family can enjoy! These events will happen all winter long. Events include:
- Music & Light Nights: (features popular tunes and fun lighting)
- 13: Animated Movie Scores
- 20: Rockin Country/Military Appreciation Night
- 27: Today’s Top Music Hits
- Every Wednesday in February: After School Skate
- Free skating lessons for all ages and exhibitions with the Figure Skating Club of Minneapolis
- Movie Skates:
- 21: The Mighty Ducks
*More events will be added over the next couple months, so check back here for the most up-to-date information!