Community RSS feed for this section

Balloonacy | Twin Cities Moms Blog

24 Balloon Activities with Children’s Theatre Company’s Balloonacy

Our partners at Children’s Theatre Company are here to share some fun balloon activities you can do with your children in conjunction with their latest show – Balloonacy – which runs through November 12th! Read on to find out how you can check out this performance with your family! Children’s Theatre Company is thrilled to […]

Continue Reading 0
Many hands over each other as a symbol of cohesion

The Team Approach to Parenting

Any preconceived notions I had about motherhood went out the door the night we brought my first daughter home from the hospital. Despite my ideals of being the “do it all Mom,” I quickly learned the limitations of sleep deprivation. I had romanticized the idea of my husband and I being up in the night […]

Continue Reading 0
university education concept, student in the library or bookshop

Confessions of a Library Nerd: 7 Hidden Library Gems

I am a self-proclaimed library nerd. I have my library card number memorized, I visit my library’s website and app at least once a week, and my queue of reserved books usually has at least 10 books on it. As a mom, I’m intimately familiar with the invaluable resources the library offers. Story times, DVDs, […]

Continue Reading 1
IMG_4789

Fostering Animals Made Me a Better Mom

It all started as a compromise. I’ve wanted a dog for years, my spouse does not want one until our kids are a bit older, so we met in the middle with an agreement to do animal foster care. I was more excited than my kids in Target’s toy aisle. I have now fostered two […]

Continue Reading 0

2017 Neighborhood Groups Survey

We are so happy that you’re involved as a member of one of our Neighborhood Groups! Each group is run by 2-4 volunteer moms (called “Mombassadors”) who live in that area. Their purpose is to focus on our three core values: building community, providing support, and sharing encouragement with local moms in their area of the […]

Continue Reading 0
Monthly-Guide-600x503-Oct

A Twin Cities Mom’s Guide to the Month of October 2017

There’s always something to do in the Twin Cities, and the fall months are no different! We’re here to help you keep your sanity by bringing these activities all together in one easy guide. In 2017, we’ve been providing you with monthly event guides so you don’t miss a thing! This is month #10, and it's packed with [...]
Continue Reading 0
Daddy & Reggie BW

When Your Friend Has Cancer: How to Help

Living with cancer is a marathon. It is mentally and physically exhausting for the patient and their caregiver. It is a disease that leaves no part of their lives or family untouched. The daily needs change fast. Life quickly begins revolving around doctor appointments, second opinions, surgeries, treatment, and unexpected complications. When this exhausting disease […]

Continue Reading 0
Moms on the Run | Twin Cities Moms Blog

Moms on the Run: Empowering Busy Moms through ‘Fitness, Fun and Friendship’

Our partners at Moms on The Run are here to tell you about how you can get connected with a community of women in your neighborhood to not only improve your fitness, but build lifelong friendships as well. Read more about the story behind Moms on The Run plus see how you can join this […]

Continue Reading 0
unnamed-6

Field to Fork Moms Night Out with CommonGround {Tickets on sale now!}

We are excited to announce our next event, Field to Fork Moms Night Out with CommonGround! Take a break from motherhood, grab a girlfriend, and join us for a unique evening of delicious food and drink, all while learning more about the fabulous women farmers in the state of Minnesota.  Title Sponsor Thank you to […]

Continue Reading 0
SEpt.

A Twin Cities Mom’s Guide to the Month of September 2017

There’s always something to do in the Twin Cities, and the fall months are no different! We’re here to help you keep your sanity by bringing these activities all together in one easy guide. In 2017, we’ve been providing you with monthly event guides so you don’t miss a thing! This is month #9, and it's packed with [...]
Continue Reading 0
Twin Cities Pediatric Resource Guide | Twin Cities Moms Blog

2017 Twin Cities Pediatric Resource Guide

Parenting is a privilege and a joy. It can also leave you with so many questions, especially regarding care for your children and it can become overwhelming when you begin to research all of your options. University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital understands how that can feel and we’re so grateful to them for sponsoring this incredible resource. We would [...]
Continue Reading 0