Community RSS feed for this section

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 7.48.12 PM

It’s Okay If You Don’t Like the Minnesota State Fair

I’ve met people over the years who approach me in whispered voice, “I’m sorry but I don’t like the Minnesota State Fair.” I’m a mom who loves food, the Minnesota State Fair and all things Minnesota. But I always respond to the Fair naysayers the same way, “It’s okay, you don’t have to like the […]

Continue Reading 0

2017 Family Guide to the Minnesota State Fair

It's almost time for Minnesota's biggest event of the summer. From the Giant Slide to the animal barns to your favorite foods on a stick, there is truly something for everyone to love at the Minnesota State Fair! We have all you need to know about how you can make the most of your family [...]
Continue Reading 0
Ordway Family Series | Twin Cities Moms Blog

Experience the Ordway’s New Family Series

Our partners at the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts are here to tell you about their NEW Family Series! Check out each of the three different shows, plus find a special discount code for you and your family to enjoy when purchasing your tickets! Encourage your kids’ imagination and foster their creative exploration through […]

Continue Reading 1
Monthly-Guide-600x503-August

A Twin Cities Mom’s Guide to August 2017

It's summer in Minnesota! We made it to another season of sunshine, lakes, and lots of fun! We’re here to help you make the most of these summer months in the Twin Cities by bringing you all the fun and activities in one easy guide so you don’t miss a thing! This is month #8! We’ll [...]
Continue Reading 0
DRISCOLLS_TCMB-130

A Berry Merry Morning with Driscoll’s

We have partnered together with our sponsors, Driscoll’s, to create this special event. Read all the details below, plus find out how you can enter their Minnesota Exclusive ‘Berry Together’ Sweepstakes to win a trip to Madden’s on Gull Lake!We had an absolutely wonderful morning hosting members of our executive, event, writing and mombassador teams, […]

Continue Reading 0
Why Measles Is A Big Deal | Twin Cities Moms Blog

Why the Recent Measles Outbreak is a Big Deal

Our partners at the Minnesota Department of Health are here to share facts about the recent measles outbreak and what it means for our community. Jennifer Heath, RN, MPH, DNP (and a mom herself!) gives us insight on the level of impact this illness has had on Minnesota. One morning in mid-April, I went through […]

Continue Reading 1
DSC00676

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in ECFE

As my oldest is on the brink of kindergarten, I can’t help but reflect on these past five years of her early childhood education, while looking forward to the future years (although they could slow down a bit). One of the many reasons my husband and I decided to raise our family in Minnesota was the […]

Continue Reading 0
momlife

Mom Life is Easier in MSP

It’s been a year since we arrived at the MSP airport, carrying a cat, toddler, carseat, travel crib and as many suitcases as we could manage. We really miss our friends back in Brooklyn, NY – but let me tell you: parenting is a lot easier here in the Twin Cities. We knew before moving that […]

Continue Reading 4
Patriotic holiday. Silhouettes of people holding the Flag of USA. America celebrate 4th of July.

2017 Guide to Twin Cities 4th of July Celebrations

Throw on your best red, white, and blue and celebrate the 4th of July at one of these family-friendly celebrations! From fireworks and parades to live music and great food, you can enjoy the sights of the season at an event near you!  NorthEastSouthWestMinneapolis & St. PaulNorth Coon Rapids Fourth of July Community Celebration Where: [...]
Continue Reading 0
momblog3

How I Coped with My Child’s Unexpected Diagnosis

When my youngest son Ronin was born almost three years ago, we were thrilled to be adding a third boy to our crew!  Our 20-week ultrasound came back clear and healthy, and due to my age and previous typical pregnancies, the other tests were optional.  To my husband and me, the tests were just tests, […]

Continue Reading 0
Flint Hills International Children's Festival | Twin Cities Moms Blog

Kick Off the Summer with Flint Hills International Children’s Festival

Our partners at the Ordway Center for Performing Arts are here to tell you about their Flint Hills International Children’s Festival, which runs May 30 to June 4. Check out all the details below so you and your family can plan your visit! For children and their families, the Flint Hills International Children’s Festival presented […]

Continue Reading 0