I love finding great ideas for Valentine’s Day. My kids are still of the age that they exchange cards with their whole class at school – so we love to make something that is personal, fun and memorable.
I ran across this idea several years ago and we’ve used it every year since because it is so fun and my kids love it. And it’s SUPER EASY! I am not a crafter and Pinterest scares me most days – so I needed something that A. I could handle, and B. My kids could help with, and C. Could be done quickly. Because I’m also the mom that leaves everything until the last minute…
But I digress.
Have you seen these before? So cute, right? A personal photo of your child that they can decorate, add a treat(or a pencil or bracelet) and give to their friends at school. And it’s pretty inexpensive too!
How to make your own Personalized Photo Valentine Card…
1. Take a few digital photos of your child with them holding their hands forward and out to the side with their fist vertical. Use a white or pink background or something that fits the theme.
2. Edit chosen picture in Picmonkey(which is a free and awesome photo editing tool) or any editor of your choice that you love, to add words, fun, hearts..etc. My daughters LOVE doing this!
3. Print out pictures at home on card stock or send to your favorite local one-hour place
3. If you printed on photo-paper, glue picture to card stock of any color you choose(your kids can do this).
4. Use a tack or other very thin sharp object to poke a hole above and below hand on the picture(let a parent help your child here…).
5. Poke lollipop(or pencil or pixie stick or bracelet) through holes so it looks like your child is holding/giving the lollipop
6. Ooh and aah over fancy cards
We all sit down for an evening and make them. It’s their favorite(and okay, maybe only) craft of the year at home!
Happy Valentine’s Day!